Prince William County Department of Economic Development and the Office of Tourism are dedicated to serving our business community impacted by COVID-19. Our regular business support services continue virtually over phone and email to protect the health and well-being of our employees and the public. As such, we will frequently update this page and social media pages with resources and communicate pertinent information. Our goal is to create an atmosphere of optimism among the Prince William County business community while equipping you with tools and resources to succeed despite current setbacks.
Data will be critically important in the aid and recovery of our business community from COVID-19. As a business executive, we would very much appreciate your participation in our follow-up COVID-19 Business Impact Survey. To schedule a free one-on-one business consultation or to speak directly with one of our team members, please email CGrove@pwcgov.org or call 703-792-5510. Our team is available to answer any questions you may have about funding opportunities, affected worker support, tax changes, development services, and more.
Continue to visit this page for business resources and updates in response to COVID-19 and Forward Virginia Guidelines.
WHAT'S NEXT FOR MY BUSINESS?
VIRGINIA STATE RESOURCES AND UPDATES
- We encourage all businesses to follow Virginia Guidelines for safely reopening.
- The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) business web page provides industry-focused information, guidance on employee health, cleaning and disinfection, as well as critical infrastructure resources.
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY RESOURCES AND UPDATES
- Prince Willaim County Small Business Grant
- Development Services Outside Dining Permit: PWC businesses with a current Alcohol and Beverage (ABC) license that wish to pursue outdoor seating under the ABC Response to Temporary Approval of Outside Dining can complete the Temporary Activity Permit (TAP) application form.
- Events, Webinars, and Workshops: Prince William County and the Northern Virginia Economic Development Alliance (NOVA EDA) provide a free webinar series, "Beyond COVID-19: NOVA Business Resiliency." Visit the events page to register for more events, webinars, and workshops.
- Free Business Counseling Support: If you have questions or need one-on-one guidance preparing your business to reopen, please contact CGrove@pwcgov.org to request an appointment with our Small Business Development Counselors (SBDC). The Virginia SBDC recovery resources page also includes step-by-step tools to reopen.
- Ready to Reopen: A Playbook for Your Small Business
- Preparing to Restart Your Business
- Best eCommerce Platforms for Small Business
- Custom Glass Gaurd - Protect Your Customers & Employees
- Mask & Face Covering Options and How to Wear PPE
- Surviving the Coronavirus: A Crash Course for Small Business Owners
A number of considerations must be made when recovering from the economic impacts of a pandemic. Begin by getting connected with the Prince William County Department of Economic Development to strategize your new future business development. Our County provides FREE one-on-one business counseling and regular workshops for small business development.
If you feel you should consider closing your business, please contact CGrove@pwcgov.org to request a no-cost, confidential one-on-one appointment with our Small Business Development Counselors (SBDC). You can also review the Closing Considerations page to prepare for that meeting.
- Top 4 Considerations When Selling or Closing a Business
- 7 Legal and Financial Steps to Closing Small Business
- 6 Steps to Closing a Business While Staying Compliant
- Chapter 7 vs. Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Financial Assistance, Affected Worker Support, Tax Changes, Planning & Development Services,
Tourism & Hospitality Information, and more.