We Are Still Accepting Applications
Applications will stay open as long as funds remain available.
The Small Business Relief Micro-Grant Program provides financial grants of up to $10,000 to qualified Prince William County small businesses and non-profits impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The grants will assist eligible businesses in maintaining operations and can be used for ongoing expenses such as payroll, rent and insurance. Grant recipients can also use funds to purchase e-commerce equipment or expand websites and online sales capabilities.
If you have questions, please read through this information BEFORE you begin the application. You will help expedite your application process by following the information we have provided.
There are two ways to apply! Select ONE option:
1. Apply online
Before you begin, please make sure to:
- Download, complete and save the financial form spreadsheet
- Gather all of the required documents
- Make time to complete the online application in one sitting. You are not able to save the application, exit, and return later.
2. Apply by Email
- Small Business Relief Micro-Grant Application [PDF]
- Small Business Relief Micro-Grant Application [Spanish - PDF]
Before you submit, make sure to include:
- In the SUBJECT line of your email: [ “Your Business Name" - Small Business Grant Application ]
- In the body of the email on the first line, please list your business name, contact name, contact email, and contact phone number.
- Attach all required documents in the same email. Incomplete applications will impact your business eligibility to receive grant funds.
For more assistance, contact Clarice Grove at CGrove@pwcgov.org or (571) 334-0242.
To be eligible for a Prince William Small Business Relief Micro-Grant, applicants must:
- For Profit and 501c3 non-profit organizations
- Home-based businesses
- Sole proprietors
- LLCs, Corporations and S-Corps
- Locally owned Franchise businesses located in Prince William County (locations will be aggregated for total revenue)
- Gross revenue must be under $2.5M for 2019 calendar year · Business has been operational in Prince William County for two years as of application date
- Must have one or more physical locations in Prince William County, including the principal place of business;
- Experienced at least a 25% decline in gross revenues attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic and must document this gross revenue decline in financial statement
Additional requirements for verification:
- have a current Prince William County Business License (if applicable — Businesses that have gross receipts less than $500,000 are not required to have a Business License);
- be current on Prince William County taxes obligations prior to June 15, 2020;
- complete an online application form, certify that all answers are true and accurate, provide completed IRS forms and financial documentation, certify that business’s revenue and projected impact related to COVID-19, and agree to the application’s terms and conditions
- Current Prince William County Business License (if applicable — Businesses that have gross receipts less than $500,000 are not required to have a Business License);
- Current on Prince William County taxes obligations prior to March 1, 2020
- Virginia SCC Active registration for: franchises, securities, broker-dealer, broker-dealer agent, investment advisor https://www.scc.virginia.gov/pages/Registration
- Complete the online or printable application form, certify that all answers are true and accurate, provide completed IRS forms and financial documentation, certify that business’s revenue and projected impact related to COVID-19, and agree to the application’s terms and conditions
The Following Businesses are Ineligible:
- Banks and financial institutions
- Franchise businesses, except those that are registered in the State of Virginia and locally owned/operated in Prince William County
- Vape and tobacco retailers
- Adult entertainment businesses