The Small Business Relief Micro-Grant Program provides financial grants of up to $10,000 to qualified Prince William County small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The grants will assist eligible businesses in maintaining operations and can be used for ongoing expenses such as payroll, rent and insurance. Grant recipients can also use funds to purchase e-commerce equipment or expand websites and online sales capabilities.
Applications will be accepted for five (5) days, beginning in early June. The Prince William County Department of Economic Development, along with the COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force, will review grant applications for eligibility and obtain any needed additional information.
To be eligible for a Prince William Small Business Relief Micro-Grant, applicants must:
- have one or more physical locations in Prince William County, including the principal place of business;
- have a minimum of three employees and a maximum of 50 full-time employees on site in Prince William County.
- have a current Prince William County Business License
- be current on Prince William County taxes obligations prior to March 1, 2020
- have been in business for at least two years in Prince William County;
- have gross receipts less than $1,000,000 for the 2018 and 2019 fiscal years;
- have experienced at least a 25% decline in revenues attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- be a for-profit business
- complete an online application form, certify that all answers are true and accurate, provide a completed W-9 form and financial documentation, certify that business’s revenue and projected impact related to COVID-19, and agree to the application's terms and conditions.
The following businesses are ineligible:
- Banks and financial institutions
- Sole proprietorships
- Home-based businesses
- Franchise businesses, except those that are locally (Prince William County) owned and operated
- Vape and tobacco retailers
Please fill out your information below if you would like to be notified when the application process is open and to get further information on the grant program as it becomes available.