Freedom Firecracker 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run
- Dates: July 4, 2021
- Location: Freedom Aquatic & Fitness Center
- Address: 9100 Freedom Center Boulevard, Manassas, VA 20110
- Time: 8:30 AM
We are excited to return to in-person running events with the Freedom Firecracker 5K and 1 Mile fun run--a family-friendly event that is a fun and festive celebration of Independence Day!
Fun Run Racing is partnering with Hero’s Bridge to bring you the Freedom Firecracker race. Hero’s Bridge is dedicated to serving elderly veterans, age 65 and older, through six distinct programs which offer practical and essential services. These services are available at no expense to veterans and their families. When you register for the race, a portion of the proceeds will go to Hero’s Bridge. For more information, visit their website here.
Through 5/31: 5K – $37.50, 1 Mile Run/Walk – $15
6/01-6/20: 5K – $40.00, 1 Mile Run/Walk – $17.50
6/21-6/30: 5K – $42.50, 1Mile Run/Walk– $20
Saturday, 7/3, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
The Running Store
7343 Atlas Walk Way, Gainesville, VA
All race participants of the 5k and 1-mile race receive a:
-short sleeve t-shirt
-custom commemorative race bib
-festive temporary tattoos
- 5K Overall Finishers: The top 5 male and female finishers receive a gift card from The Running Store – $100/$75/$50/$25/$25
- 5K Age Group Awards: Top 3 male and female in each age group receive awards – 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- Best costume awards: Wear your best-themed gear (Statue of Liberty, Uncle Sam, Red, White & Blue – whatever screams “Festive Fourth” to you!).
Runner Safety Protocols
Runners are asked to wear a mask and remain socially distanced in all gathering areas such as at packet pickup, before crossing the start line or after crossing the finish line.
We will have reduced access to the Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center (FAFC) facilities. Packet pick up will be available in the gym. The restrooms will be available. We ask that runners do not gather in the FAFC. Prior to the race and after the race, runners are asked to remain outside.
We will offer 1 water station at the 1.5 mile mark of the race. Small unopened water bottles will be available on a table for runners. In addition, small water bottles will be available at the end of the race.
We will not be serving food at the end of the race.
The race start will have “wave starts” with departure times based on your expected pace.
We will adhere to all Virginia Department of health guidelines for running races and abide by RRCA’s best practices for conducting safe running events.