Paws & Pals 5K and 1 Mile Mutt Strut
- Presented By: Your CBD Store - Gainesville, VA and Happy Paws Pet Nanny
- Dates: November 10, 2019
- Location: James S. Long Regional Park
- Address: 4603 James Madison Highway, Haymarket, VA 20169
- Phone: 703-881-1775
- Time: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Price: 5K Runners - $30, 1 Mile Mutt Strut Runners - $20, Virtual 5K Participant - $30
Join us for our First Annual Paws & Pals charity event! Races aren't just for humans, after all. Bring your furry best friend and join us on November 10, 2019 at James Long Regional Park in Haymarket, VA for our pawsitively awesome 5k! All dogs will receive a custom bandana and all humans will receive a t-shirt, custom bib, and swag bag! You bring your energy and we will bring the fun! Every great event must have an ever greater cause. We are honored to be able to support two wonderful organizations who are committed to making a difference in the lives of humans and animals.
ALL proceeds from this furbulous event will go to The Sweet Julia Grace Foundation which provides assistance and support to families who have children who are enduring a medical crisis or have special needs; and K-9 Caring Angels which provides highly trained, affectionate, and caring therapy dogs to people in need. After the race we will celebrate with a Pooch Parade, Face Painting, Doggie Kissing Booth, photo ops with the Pupparazzi, and more!
After the race? Let's raise the RUFF and celebrate!
- Paws to snack on some post-race treats (there will also be human treats!)
- Pooch Parade
- Dapper Doggie Contest - Best dressed dog-human duo!
- Doggleganger Contest - Dog-Human look-alike contest!
- Pose for the Pupparazzi!
- Pawsome Vendor/Sponsor area
- "Thanks fur being awesome" awards for biggest fundraisers!
- Face painting, kissing booth, something for everypawdy!
- Demonstrations by K9
Onto the bark side.....rules! (we gotta have them!)
- There will be no same-day race registration, so please register ahead of time. T-shirt and swag bags are guaranteed to those who register by November 1, 2019 and entry fee will increase to $40 after October 21, 2019.
- At least one adult human per dog, must be age 16 or older. Maximum number of dogs is two dogs per human.
- Each person must sign the Assumption of Risk and acknowledge the event rules before entering.
- Prince William County requires all dogs to be licensed and have a current rabies vaccination.
- Your dog must remain on their leash at all times. (No retractable leashes please!)
- Your dog must remain under your control at all times. Keep it nice!
- No dogs with health conditions that may endanger themselves or others are allowed.
- Please note that all proceeds for this event will be donated to the Sweet Julia Grace Foundation and K-9 Caring Angels after all costs of event are paid for.
Now let's go mutts and have some fun! We can't wait to see you!