PROCEDURES FOR OT STAFF
To further connections with the Prince William County Tourism Industry during a time of economic crisis, it is critically important for staff to reach out to the business community. Through our partnership with the Department of Economic Development, our staff shall be available to assist Prince William County businesses with understanding the CARE Act and share any information related to business needs. All data gathered will be shared with Ann Marie in a daily end of day report to share updates with Executive Leadership.
- In conversations, confirm contact understands the resources available on PrinceWilliamCounty.biz
- Encourage them to complete the new Economic Development Survey released 4/7/2020
- Find information on CARE ACT and Unemployment Resources for their staff
- Information on Worker Support / Unemployment Resources
- If the business is providing assistance to the community, its staff, etc. (EOC link)
- Inform them the Office of Tourism deployed a Local Business Deals campaign and businesses can provide deals to either you or on the page itself (VisitPWC.com - they can view on our homepage)
- Take any comments from the conversation (do not embellish) including if they are open, closed, plans for future, how many layoffs if they mention, etc. More is better than less.
- Inquire if the business would like to speak with someone from Economic Development.
- Utilize the opportunity to update CRM contacts, clean contact list, and update primary vs. secondary contact
OPPORTUNITY TO UPDATE WEB LISTINGS
If the conversation is appropriate, inquire if contact would be interested to have its web listing reviewed on VisitPWC.com (the County's Tourism Website). Please select yes/no as it will trigger the Content/Web team to reach out to contact to update.