Prince William, VA offers visitors a diverse array of opportunities to explore art, culture, history and scenic outdoors in DC's Countryside. Our most popular attractions are wheelchair accessible, including Jiffy Lube Live, Potomac Mills, the National Museum of the Marine Corps, Manassas National Battlefield Park and more.
Plan your itinerary with this list of wheelchair accessible attractions in Prince William, VA.
Arts & Entertainment
- Jiffy Lube Live - Planning to enjoy some of the world's hottest concerts at the area's largest outdoor amphitheater? Wheelchair-accessible event tickets are available online. Accessible parking is located by both the main gate and accessible gate. All venue bathrooms, concession stands, and merchandise stands are also accessible.
- Hylton Performing Arts Center - Hylton Performing Arts Center features a large selection of local, regional, national and international artists and events for everyone to enjoy. Wheelchair-accessible seating is available through the ticket office. Courtesy wheelchairs, accessible parking, entrances and restrooms are also available.
Historic Sites, Museums & Battlefields
- Manassas National Battlefield Park - The Henry Hill Visitor Center museum exhibits, battle map program, restrooms and parking are wheelchair accessible. A free loaner wheelchair is available upon request. Audio CDs for self-guided driving tours of Manassas National Battlefield Park are available in the gift shop.
- Accessible Trails (information provided by Manassas National Battlefield Park)
Brawner Farm Trail: A paved path provides access to the Brawner Farm from the designated handicapped spaces in the newly opened parking area off Pageland Lane.
Stone House Trail: A short paved path from the designated handicapped parking space in the Stone House parking lot leads to a wayside marker for the Stone House. The grounds immediately around the house are level and accessible to wheelchairs given dry conditions.
Chinn Ridge Trail: A relatively level, hard surface path extends along the crest of Chinn Ridge from the designated handicapped parking spaces at Hazel Plain past the Fletcher Webster Memorial Stone. Several interpretive markers focusing on the Second Battle of Manassas are situated along this trail.
Stone Bridge Trail: A fully accessible paved path connects the designated handicapped spaces in the Stone Bridge parking lot and a wayside marker at the Stone Bridge. The bridge itself does not qualify as wheelchair accessible due to excessive slope.
- National Museum of the Marine Corps - Golf carts and wheelchairs are available via phone (703) 784-6107 to aid visitors in reaching the museum's entrance from the parking lot. Wheelchairs and light-weight accessible stools are available free of charge at the Information Desk. Personal walkers, wheelchairs, scooters, and service animals are all welcomed at the museum. All dining facilities and restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Ben Lomond Historic Site and Old Rose Garden - This antebellum farm served as a Confederate hospital during the American Civil War's Battle of First Manassas. Ben Lomond offers visitors an immersive experience, one where you can hear, smell, see, taste, and touch the past. The property also holds a restored slave quarter, smokehouse and dairy and a fragrant Rose Garden. The first floor of the house and the grounds of this historic site are wheelchair accessible.
- Brentsville Courthouse Historic Centre - This 28-acre historic site includes five historic buildings: 1822 courthouse, 1822 jail, 1880 church, 1850 farmhouse, and a one-room schoolhouse that served the young children of Brentsville from 1929 to 1944. The first floor and grounds surrounding Brentsville Courthouse are wheelchair accessible.
- Leesylvania State Park - This 500-acre state park along the banks of the Potomac River offers two wheelchair-accessible trails. Potomac Trail and Bushey Point Trail both offer scenic water views and accessible grade gravel surfacing. Enjoy the trails and a relaxing picnic at one of the tables by the water. In addition to the trails, the Visitor Center, public restrooms, boat launch fishing pier and playground are all wheelchair accessible.
- Neabsco Creek Boardwalk - Part of the Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail, this 3/4-mile boardwalk traverses the Neasbco Creek offering breathtaking views of wetlands and rich wildlife habitats. The boardwalk is ADA compliant and offers accessible van parking at the north landing of the boardwalk.
- Prince William Forest Park - This park protects the largest piedmont forest in the national park system and the largest green space in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area.It is also home to two wheelchair-accessible campgrounds. Oak Ridge Campground and Turkey Ridge Run Campground offer wheelchair-accessible restrooms, campsites and parking. Oak Ridge also features an accessible amphitheater. The park's Visitor Center, exhibit area and bookstore are also wheelchair accessible. While not all facilities at this park are fully wheelchair-accessible, park rangers are happy to assist visitors with special needs.
- Potomac Mills - Virginia's largest outlet mall offers complimentary wheelchairs at Guest Services. Accessible parking, entrances, dining options, and restrooms are also available.
- Manassas Mall - Conveniently located just two miles off of I66 in Manassas, this mall offers more than 80 top retail shops, unique entertainment, and dining options. Complimentary wheelchairs are available by contacting security at (571) 237-0825. Accessible parking, entrances, and restrooms are also available. Click here to download Manassas Mall's Accessibility Map.
- Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center - Right off I95 this upscale outdoor shopping destination offers over 55 retail and dining for visitors to enjoy. Accessible parking, dining, restrooms and handicap accessible sidewalks are available.
- Virginia Gateway - Located off I66 in Gainesville, this shopping destination offers over 120 retail shops and restaurants. All stores and restaurants are wheelchair accessible. In addition to wheelchair accessible parking, Virginia Gateway also offers Combat Wounded Parking for veterans.