This cemetery includes several Civil War burials. It has all that remains of the 1770’s Oak Grove/ Bacon Race Baptist Church. In the winter of 1861-1862, this was a supply depot for Confederate troops encamped in eastern Prince William County who guarded the Occoquan River at nearby Wolf Run Shoals and other crossing points.
Marker located at Bacon Race Cemetery
38 41’ 29” N * 77 21’ 45” W