Menu
Back To Previous

Dumfries

  • 17674 Main Street
  • Dumfries, VA 22026

Confederate forces evacuated their camps here in March 1862 and the town remained in Union hands for the rest of the war. A raid on December 27, 1862 by Confederate Gen. J.E.B. Stuart resulted in the destruction of many buildings. Williams Ordinary (is circa 1790) served as Confederate headquarters during the 1861-1862 Potomac River blockade. Marker located at Williams Ordinary 38 34’ 7” N * 77 19’ 24” W

Open MapClose Map