- 15305 Vint Hill Road
- Nokesville, VA 20181
Gen. Richard Ewell grew up nearby. During the war, Union and Confederate forces frequented the village. Although several engagements occurred nearby, Greenwich escaped unscathed, in part because of the creative actions of resident Charles Green, an Englishman. Green flew the British flag over his Carpenter's Gothic Home, The Lawn, built in 1855 (burned 1924). Three years later, he donated land for Greenwich Presbyterian Church. During the war, when Union troops threatened to appropriate it for a hospital, Green claimed it was neutral British property for use only as a church. The Federals relented and left it untouched.
Marker located at Greenwich Church
38 45’ 0” N * 77 38’ 52” W