Planning a group tour during the COVID-19 pandemic is difficult with so many closures and restrictions happening. To make your group tour planning to the Washington D.C. region easier, we have compiled a list of attractions and restaurants that are accepting group reservations. Sites are listed as appropriate for adult groups (A) and student groups (S). Looking for specific guidance on which one is the best fit for your group and itinerary? Contact our team to guide you along the right path!
Group Friendly Attractions
Guided History Tours
- Manassas National Battlefield Park (A, S) – can be done as a driving or walking tour (walking tour is preferred and driving tour is at the discretion of the guide for safety purposes). Groups may be able to secure a guide in period attire to share what happened on July 1861 during the First Battle of Manassas/Bull Run which set the tone for the rest of the Civil War.
- Town of Occoquan (A, S) – located 1 mile from I-95 near Woodbridge, VA is the charming waterfront town of Occoquan, where the historic district is only 3 blocks by 3 blocks. The Mayor of the town gives driving history tours of how the town went from a thriving industrial town in the 19th century to a quaint shopping destination in a relatively short amount of time. He can also share what it is like to run a small town, allowing a comparison and contrasting opportunity to the DC government students are likely already learning about.
- Uptown Alley (A, S) – in addition to their namesake upscale bowling lanes, they have an arcade, laser tag, and a from-scratch kitchen. This place is HUGE so a group of 150-200 is a drop in the bucket for them.
- ZavaZone (S) – think American Ninja Warrior style high ropes course. This indoor facility also has a trampoline area.
Historic Homes, Sites, and Museums
- National Museum of the Marine Corps (A, S) – an iconic landmark of American history as seen through the eyes of Marines! Groups can visit the self-guided galleries, test their aim at the laser-rifle range, and see the incredible "We, The Marines" film. Reservations are required, with limited capacity precautions in place for the safety of guests and staff. Groups must make reservations online here: https://www.usmcmuseum.com/group-visit-information.html
- Ben Lomond Historic Site (A, S) – this Civil War hospital is close to Manassas National Battlefield. They can accommodate 7 people inside the home at one time due to social distancing requirements but they have ample opportunity to rotate the kids through the home to see Civil War soldier graffiti and medical equipment used during the time. You can add a musket firing demo, learn about African American history at the slave quarters, and 19th century cooking with the dairy and smokehouse
- Rippon Lodge (A, S) – this home overlooks the Potomac River and is a quaint interpretation about life during the 1800’s. They can also do outdoor activities such as art and agricultural education. The same guidelines apply here as they do at Ben Lomond with the rotation capacities
- Brentsville Courthouse Historic Centre (A, S) – this site depicts life in the early 1800's through early 1900's with a historic courthouse, jail, farmhouse, one-room schoolhouse, and church. Groups can rotate through stations among the various buildings, as well as enjoy outdoor learning opportunities
Wineries, Breweries, Distilleries (A)
- MurLarkey Distilled Spirits – a SUPER welcoming group of guys of Irish heritage making really smooth spirits. You’ll be hard pressed to find a more genuine distillery tour experience!
- Brew Republic Bierworks – this is our only adult beverage business with on-site food
- Effingham Manor Winery – they can do wine blending classes, food pairings with wine, or simple wine tastings
- Cedar Run Brewery – they harvest their own honey to use in the beer and can speak to that during the tour and tasting experience
- The Farm Brewery at Broad Run – they grow their own fruit and hops, as well as have a covered and heated axe throwing barn
- Ornery Beer Company Taproom – a classic pub-feel brewery
- 2 Silos at Farm Brew Live – enjoy craft beer, craft food, and live local music
Group Friendly Dining
This is an area our destination excels in for groups! Most pricing is around $20pp inclusive for student groups and varies for adult groups. Sample menus are available for many of the restaurants listed below, upon request. Please contact Mark or Mike for specific information and suggestions.
Woodbridge and Occoquan:
- The Harbour Grille (A, S) – waterfront restaurant. 1 to 2 buses
- Madigan’s Waterfront (A, S) – waterfront restaurant. 1 to 2 buses
- Fuddruckers (S) – the affordable, yet fresh, sandwiches and salads you have come to know. 1 to 3 buses
- Applebee’s (A, S) – the quality food and welcoming environment everyone knows. 1 bus
- National Museum of the Marine Corps (A, S) – Custom menus for lunches and after-hours events. 1 to 5 buses
- Bahama Breeze (A, S) – Caribbean-inspired food available for groups during weekdays only. 1 to 2 buses
Manassas, Gainesville and Bristow
- Bristow Manor Golf Club (A, S) – a private dinner just for your group overlooking the 18th hole of a golf course. 1 to 3 buses
- City Grille (A, S) – locally-owned favorite with great portions. 1 to 2 buses
- Golden Corral (A, S) – the nationally known never-ending buffet of favorites. 1 to 5 buses
- Uptown Alley (A, S) – see description above. 1 to 4 buses
- Uno’s Chicago Grill (A, S) – deep-dish pizza and other American-style options. 1 bus
- Bottle Stop (A) – waterfront wine bar. 1 bus
- Old Manassas Courthouse (A) – a catered lunch or dinner inside the building where President Taft commemorated the 50th anniversary of the Battle of First Manassas/Bull Run. 1 to 2 buses
- Glory Days Grill (A, S) – sports-themed casual dining restaurant. 1 to 2 buses
- Columbus Grill (A, S) – Mediterranean meets American cuisine with a modern twist. 1 to 3 buses
- Out of the Blue (A, S) – a modern, crab-house-style, seafood restaurant, they have plenty of typical adult and student-friendly fare. 1 to 2 buses
- Long Time No Sea (A, S) – Cajun-style seafood restaurant. 1 to 3 buses